Location : Chigwell, Essex
Wage range : Negotiable
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours 40 hour week - 8am-5pm Monday to Friday
Job Purpose To manage the effective day-to-day management of a contract(s) from inception to final account settlement, ensuring contracts are operating in line with safety regulations, work policies, and electrical codes and standards. To provide high levels of customer service to our clients and their residents.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a Contract Manager you will be responsible for the effectiveness of the overall contract, ensuring all KPI’s and goals are met. The main duties include:
- To manage the effective day to day management of the contract’s reactive and PPM service delivery.
- To lead, support and develop your team to ensure the highest professional standards are always achieved and projects are delivered on time.
- To develop a strong collaborative working relationship with clients to promote excellent customer service.
- To manage all aspects of accurate pricing from quotations, reviewing works and invoicing.
- To ensure all KPIs are measured and delivered in line with client’s expectations.
- To take responsibility in the procurement of any materials required for the contract.
- To take a proactive approach to ensure all best practices for legal & compliance matters are achieved.
- To supervise & train less experienced supervisors and engineers. Carry out 1-2-1’s and set objectives geared towards annual appraisals
- Be aware of new law, regulation & contract trends for potential impact on business goals
- Be the focal point for all communication in looks to disciplines for resolutions of contract issues & arguments
- Proactively monitor expenditure and report to line manager regularly with summary of expenditure
- Regularly review contract management working methods, systems and procedures to identify opportunities for improvements and/or efficiencies
- Commit to the active involvement with clients in the specifying and delivery of works before, during and after the completion of the works.
- Obtain feedback from clients we have regular basis regarding their views on the engineer’s activity and delivery of works.
- To communicate with the customer in person and in writing the Company’s commitment to reaching a first-class delivery service. ꞏ
- Ensure accurate invoices are raised on a weekly basis for each contract
- Manage, promote and oversee the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental policy and inform the Managing Director of any breach to company Health and Safety policy.
- Carry out any reasonable request of Senior Management to aid delivery of service
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary relative to experience (PAYE)
- 23 days holiday per year, and you can secure 1 extra day holiday per full year of service up to a cap of 25 days. From this allowance we will provide you the option to sell 3 days back to the company per year, or you can take 3 days into the next holiday year. Plus, statutory bank holidays (currently 8)
- Over and above the increased allowance, should either or both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve fall on a weekday, you will not be required to work past midday, but will be paid a full day.
- Auto enrolment into the government pension scheme.
- Vehicle + Fuel card upon requirement.
- Company phone and tablet device available when required.
- Flexible working approach upon agreement.
- Development review and progression opportunities.
- Employee wellbeing focus with anonymous external support line.